Thursday, April 6, 2017

Living a Strange Life

I'm writing memoirs! I'm afraid of losing fond memories, and I want to be able to look back on the good times, the progress that I've made, and the ways God has guided me. The title of my memoirs? My Strange Life, because that's the best way I can describe it. I was an unusual child, so I had an unusual childhood. There will be stories about fake money, slug monsters, and dinosaurs in the bathtub. You'll hear about the strange things I did as a baby, as a big sister, and as a student. And you can find all these strange memories at the link above.

If you haven't caught the drift of this post, the basic idea is that I love strange things. Don't believe me? Here is a sampling for you of some of my favorite strange things:

1. Doctor Strange



The trippiness. The goatee. The TILDA SWINTON FIGHTING WITH MAGIC FANS FLBRTGPT. While I was not cool with the whitewashing of an Asian character, I was glad that the hero had a female mentor who was well-rounded.

Fighting like my other favorites: Mulan, and the Kiyoshi Warriors.


2. Strange the Dreamer



I'm only a few chapters into this fantasy book, but so far I have not been disappointed. I've always admired Laini Taylor's writing style and imagination, and this story is a great example of both. There are all sorts of strange and fanciful goings-on, so you bet I'm in. Also, the protagonist is a librarian.
The Great Library was no mere place to keep books. It was a walled city for poets and astronomers and every shade of thinker in between.

3. Stranger Things



Stranger Things combines so many strange things that I love: 80's adventure movies, X-Files-esque science fiction, and outcast characters. Also, people apparently think it's strange for women to have no hair and numbers in their names (I'm looking at you, Eleven and the Ancient One). Honestly, though, Stranger Things made me feel scared, excited, and sad all at once, and I can't wait for season 2 this Halloween. Imagine that timing.

How strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment