Thursday, February 18, 2016

Book Haul


So pretty and colorful, no? I love the art of books. Indulge me for a moment as I drool over my most recent acquisitions.

1. The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald

I received this book as a gift for Galentine's Day.

2. Princess Academy (UK cover) by Shannon Hale

This book was a gift from a friend who attend Life, the Universe, and Everything when I could not.

3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

I loved the first two books in this series, mostly because I love the characters and the elegantly quirky writing style. Also because I met Stephanie a few years ago and she was bomb.

4. Anne of Green Gables, 5. Anne of Avonlea, and 6. Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery

I could not resist these covers when I was walking through the university bookstore the other day. Besides, I have only read the first book but I WANT MORE.

8. Museum of Distance by Ashley Seitz-Kramer

I attended her reading last week, and I was enchanted by the subjects of her poetry. She made me want to write better.

9. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

I love Ruta's books. This one makes me cry the most of all of them. She shares stories from the ignored outskirts of history, and she makes them feel so immediate and tangible. I shed so many tears over this book that I was certain that was what the title was referring to. I was adding salt to the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment