Monday, September 11, 2017

Family Home Alone Evening, Part 2

Song: Hymn 249, "Called to Serve" (sang along to the MoTab version)

Prayer: Moi

Lesson: continuation Preach My Gospel chapter 1, "My Purpose"
  • Takeaway: As Elder Holland says, "be devastated" when someone does not keep a commitment to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. These two things are the first steps on the most important path that person will ever take. I've been trying to find a constructive way to express such devastation so that the person is motivated to change, and I think that it would help to discuss what might be holding them back from keeping the commitment. Then, we could brainstorm solutions together. I could emphasize why I believe these steps are so important and how the Atonement of Jesus Christ enables us to change, including starting new habits of prayer and study. I could then bear testimony of the good and powerful changes I have experienced from reading the Book of Mormon.
Activity: writing a letter to a lonely friend

Treats: popsicle (nothing for Ghost because he's constipated)

No comments:

Post a Comment