Monday, September 4, 2017

Family Home Alone Evening, Part 1

Since I no longer have the structure of a Young Single Adult ward to keep me on track, I will be hosting my own Family Home Evenings. I don't want to get out of this inspired habit because I have a testimony of the positive effects FHE has on families. As Sister Sharon Eubank says, just because my husband and children aren't with me right now doesn't mean that I can't establish good habits. I also thought it would be fun (and responsible) to keep track of my meetings.

Song: Hymn 141 "Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee"

Prayer: Me

Lesson: Preach My Gospel chapter 1, "My Purpose"
  • Takeaway: the Doctrine of Christ provides not only a pattern for living but a pattern for daily living. I need to exercise faith in Christ (by praying and seeking blessings) every day, repent and improve every day, fulfill my baptismal covenants to love and serve every day, listen to the whispering of the Holy Ghost every day, and endure to the end (which I am interpreting as fulfilling temple covenants and living as though I am inside the temple) every day.

Activity: Household chores, including folding laundry, unloading the dishwasher, and watering the lawn.

Treats: Chicken-flavored Temptations (for Ghost)


No comments:

Post a Comment